The intestinal constipation or constipation is a very common condition that causes that the trips to the bathroom are not regularly and quite difficult and that if it is not treated properly it can cause great damage to the organism.
¿What causes constipation?
Thecauses of constipation They can be very varied, so it is necessary the supervision of a specialist to determine the reason that produces it.
Among the most common causes are:
- Stress, a diet low in fiber, fluids (especially water) or lack of exercise can cause alterations in intestinal transit.
- The presence of conditions related to the intestine such as: thickening of the intestinal wall, inflammation, tumor presence, irritable bowel syndrome
- In general, medications used to treat conditions such as hypothyroidism or diabetes can cause constipation.
- Also people who suffer from dementia, Parkinson's multiple sclerosis, stroke, etc., may suffer from constipation because the disease affects the nervous system responsible for intestinal function.
- The pregnancy.
- The use of some medications. Very common opioid pain relievers such as tramadol, fentanyl, buprenorphine, morphine, etc. Others like antacids, antidepressants and some medications for high blood pressure.
Symptoms of constipation
It is important to say that constipation itself is a symptom of some type of major disease, so it is up to a specialist to monitor and define the main disease that causes constipation.
In general, patients suffering from constipation describe that:
- Evacuation is less frequent.
- Evacuates less content and with more hardness
- It takes an effort to be able to evacuate or you do not feel you have evacuated completely.
As we have seen, constipation is not something that can be taken lightly, because not only can it affect our health, it can put our lives at risk. For this reason, it is important to include fiber-based products in our diet, such as LeonFlax in any of its presentations, the most effective supplement of natural fibers, antioxidants, vitamins and minerals to significantly improve digestion and reduce constipation.